The following pages presents an overview of a selection of manuscripts containing copies of various versions of the Lombard laws. Currently, the manuscripts are divided into the different versions of the Lombard Laws (Edictus Langobardorum, Liber Legum, Liber Papiensis and the Lombarda), and within those headings in the approximate data order of their production. Links are given to digital images, where they are freely available online, and, where I have produced a draft description of the manuscript, it may be downloaded as a PDF.
Please note, this list does not pretend to be complete, as this website is therefore very much an ongoing project.
- ST GALLEN, Stiftsbibliothek, MS 730, ca. 650-700, Northern Italy, Bobbio?
- VERCELLI, Biblioteca Capitolare, MS 188, ca. 750-900, Northern Italy
- IVREA, Biblioteca Capitolare, MS 34, ca. 830, Italy
- VATICAN, Biblioteca Apostolica, MS Vat. Lat. 5359, ca. 850-1000, Northern Italy
- WOLFENBÜTTEL, Herzog August Bibliothek, MS Cod. 130, Blankenburg, ca 850-1000, Northern Italy
- MADRID, Biblioteca Nacional, MS 413, ca 900-1000, Southern Italy
- PARIS, Bibliothèque Nationale de France, MS Lat. 4613, 900-1000, Northern Italy
- PARIS, Bibliothèque Nationale de France, MS Lat. 4614, 975-1025, Northern Italy
- CAVA DE’TIRRENI, Biblioteca della Badia, MS 4, ca. 1005, Southern Italy
- MODENA, Biblioteca Capitolare, MS O. I. 2, 925-1000, Northern Italy
- GOTHA, Forschungsbibliothek, MS Memb. I. 84, 950-1025, Mainz or Northern Italy
Liber Papiensis (Liber legis langobardorum)
- MILAN, Biblioteca Ambrosiana, MSS O 53 sup & O 55 sup, ca. 1028-1050, Northern Italy,
- PARIS, Bibliothèque Nationale de France, MS Lat. 9656, ca. 1050-1075, Pavia?, Italy
- VIENNA, Österreichische Nationalbibliothek, MS Cod. 471, ca. 1050-1075, Pavia?, Italy
- LONDON, British Library, MS Add. 5411, ca. 1050-1100, Northern Italy
- FLORENCE, Biblioteca Medicea Laurenziana, MS Plut. 89 sup 86, ca. 1075-1100, Italy
- VENICE, Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana, MS Lat V. 81 (2751), ca. 1090-1110, Northern Italy
- PADUA, Biblioteca del Seminario Vescoville, MS DXXVIII (528), ca. 1100-25, Northern Italy
- VATICAN, Biblioteca Apostolica, MS Vat. Lat. 3845, ca. 1175-1225, Italy
Descriptions are shared subject to a Creative Commons License (CC-BY), meaning that the information may be freely used and built upon as long as I, Dr. Thomas Gobbitt, am attributed as author, and any changes from the original are noted. (a human-readable summary of the license may be found here). Images are copyrighted subject to their respective repositories.